Bank of America has announced that the 68thUnited States Secretary of State, John F. Kerry, has joined the bank’s Global Advisory Council as chairman. Secretary Kerry, a former United States senator from Massachusetts and former chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is currently Distinguished Fellow for Global Affairs at Yale University and Visiting Distinguished Statesman at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
“Secretary Kerry’s insights into global affairs are of great value to our council as we focus on a rapidly changing world,” said Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan.
“This is an incredibly dynamic time of transition, and even turmoil, around the world, all of it happening at a digital pace, and Brian Moynihan has made it clear he wants to stay ahead of the curve,” said Kerry. “Whether it’s climate change where Bank of America has provided remarkable leadership as a corporate citizen, extreme poverty, or the challenges of 21st-century governance and modernity, our council will be analyzing a range of issues and providing our perspective on helping the bank with the developments that will define the future we share as a worldwide community.”
Formed in 2013, the 14-member Bank of America Global Advisory Council is a non-fiduciary advisory board consisting of internationally recognized business, academic and public policy leaders who assist Bank of America on global strategy. Members offer advice, through senior bank executives, on the bank’s global strategy and operations, provide insight and perspective on local market opportunities and trends, and assist the bank with its relationships and opportunities around the world.
Bank of America Global Advisory Council Members:
- Brian T. Moynihan (USA), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America
- John F. Kerry (USA), Chairman of the Bank of America Global Advisory Council, Distinguished Fellow for Global Affairs at Yale University, Visiting Distinguished Statesman for the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 68th U.S. Secretary of State, U.S. Senator for Massachusetts (1985-2013)
- Bader M. Al Saad (Kuwait), member, Kuwait Investment Authority Board of Directors and member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Kuwait Investment Authority, and member of the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG
- Mukesh D. Ambani (India), Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Ltd., Board member of the INTERPOL Foundation, member of The World Economic Forum Foundation Board and Foreign member at United States National Academy of Engineers (NAE)
- Donald R. Argus AC (Australia), Former CEO, National Australia Bank and former Non-Executive Chairman, BHP Billiton Group
- Thierry Breton (France), Chairman and CEO, Atos S.E., Director on the Board of Carrefour S.A., and former Finance Minister of France
- Annemiek Fentener van Vlissingen (Netherlands), Chairman, Supervisory Board of SHV Holdings N.V., Director on the Supervisory Board of Heineken N.V., Director on the Boards of EXOR N.V., Lhoist SA., and Flint Holding N.V.
- Gabriele Galateri di Genola (Italy), Chairman, AssicurazioniGenerali S.p.A, and Member, European Advisory Board, Temasek
- Sir Sam E. Jonah (Ghana), Founder and Chairman, Jonah Capital Ltd., former Executive President of Anglogold Ashanti., and Director on the Boards of Vodafone plc
- Eijiro Katsu (Japan), Representative Director, President and COO, Internet Initiative Japan, Inc., and Former Administrative Vice-Minister, Japan’s Ministry of Finance
- Dr. Jürgen Kluge (Germany), Former Head of McKinsey & Company, Inc. Germany, former Chairman and CEO, Franz Haniel & Cie GmbH, Founder and Co-owner, Kluge & Partner, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Schmitz Cargobull AG, Chairman of Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
- Ali Y. Koç (Turkey), Vice Chairman, Koç Holdings A. Ş., Board Member, Foreign Economic Relations Board (DEIK), Chairman, Ford Otosan, Chairman, Setur Turistik Servis A.Ş., and former Group President of Corporate Communication and Information Technology, Koç Holdings A.Ş.
- Frederick Ma (Hong Kong), Chairman of MTR Corporation Limited, Former Secretary of Financial Services & Treasury, Hong Kong, Director on the Boards of COFCO Corporation; Husky Energy Inc., FWD Group; International Advisory Council Member, China Investment Corporation
- Lubna Olayan (Saudi Arabia), CEO and Deputy Chairman, Olayan Financing Company, Board Member of Schlumberger and Ma’aden, Advisory Board Member of Rolls Royce, Akbank, Allianz SE, McKinsey & Co., Trustee of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Chairman of Asia Business Council.